Monday, October 28, 2013

Not just any birthday!!

HELLO TO THE BEST SUPPORTERS EVER!!!!

I'm pretty sure the little Hancock Post Office thought that either Madonna or Justin Beiber was living in our apartment this week....or that someone had died. LUCKILY, neither of the sort were going on....it was JUST MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!! You guys are seriously the best thing since sliced apple pie. I got 30 letters in 3 flippin' days! 30 letters?! You heard me right! Ya'll just make my life complete. What I wouldn't do for the good people that I love back home. You are my rock and I love you to the moon and back, don't forget it!!!

You may be asking yourself, " What did Sister Morris do for her birthday?" Well I can tell you what I didn't do. I didn't go rent a nice hotel room. I didn't sleep in. I didn't rent a car.  NO. NADA. NO WAY JOSE. I know, shocking that none of that occurred, whether or not you want to credit that to the mission....YOU DECIDE. But, I can tell you what I did do. I SERVED THE LORD. Just like every other day, I got up at 6:30, and I dedicated myself to the Lord....and a lot of cake. ;)

This week was just full of good times and miracles. I've come to decide that Heavenly Father knows that it's hard to be away from your family, especially on your birthday. So he gives you a bunch of great things to heal the hurt. The first awesome thing was our Sister Conference where we got to see all the sisters in the Maryland Baltimore Mission. For all of you from Centerville you know that means two things. 1.) I GOT TO SEE SISTER TAWNI BARRETT!!!!!! 2.) There was much squealing and hugs.

This is us.....being weirdo’s. If you get it....you get it. If you don't....you don't. ;) It was so great to see her. There is just something about seeing someone who has known you almost your entire life that just heals the heart. It was such an awesome birthday extra. ( SHOUT OUT TO BRITTNEEEYYYYYYY BARREETTTTT!!!!! My birthday buddy!!! Happy Birthday, Girl! So proud of you for deciding to join the ranks! LOVE YOU!)

Then we had our Primary's Halloween Trunk or Treat and Sister Boman and I got matching shirts!! We are pretty dang adorable pumpkins if I do say so myself.

To end off the awesome week I had a few incredible birthday parties with some members of my ward and they treated me like family. I really am so lucky to be here in Hancock and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. For my birthday, the adorable Emily Hendershot made me a sign that says, "The Best is Yet to Come." with an eternity circle. I love the saying because that is exactly right. The best IS yet to come. I cannot wait to see what this next year has in store for me while I serve in the Lord's vineyard.

There are many more miracles that happened this week, but just not enough time to tell them all! I love you all and seriously THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the support on my birthday!

Till next time!
Sister Morris

A big shout out to Kristy Hendershot who fed Sister Morris her favorite meal and cake. Then she played Sister Morris a video from home. 
THANK YOU to everyone who made her Birthday wonderful!! We are truly blessed to have great friends and family!












No comments:

Post a Comment