Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Transfer I don't need no stinkin Transfer!

Hello Friends and Family!!


Well butter me up and call me happy, I AM STAYING IN HANCOCK WITH SISTER BOMAN!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Ok, I mean we totally hate each other...right? Like seriously, can't you tell? Oh man, I love her to death! I am so stinking happy I get to stay in Hancock and see the work progress! I couldn't ask for more!

This week was full of adventures and of course, the spiritual feast from conference just topped it off and made it a week to remember. You may be asking yourself, "Sister Morris. How do you keep mission work light and fun?" Well kids, let me answer your question. There is a simple solution to this perilous conundrum. Have a companion that is an air-head. What do you mean by this? I mean one that instead of taking 3 regular Tylenol’s, she takes 3 Tylenol PM's at 7:00am. Yes, this makes for a giant adventure. Here is just a small portion of what will ensue:

1.) You driving when you not supposed to because you fear for your life.

2.) Your companion sleeps through most of your appointments.

3.) Having to explain to everyone why it seems that your companion is drugged up on high levels of illegal substances.

It's a BLAST. No but really, it was hilarious, and luckily as you have already seen, I like her a tiny bit so it was easy to put up with. :)


Conference was seriously the best thing ever. I can't explain the difference between conference at home and conference on a mission. It's like Christmas out here! I loved hearing from the prophets and the amazing messages they give us. Here are my highlights (hard to choose since I have 8 pages full...):

1.) Elder Bednar:

"We may ask for the relief from burdens, but he may increase our ability to withstand it."

This was personal revelation for me as those first few weeks on the mission were some of the hardest of my life. Many times when I was on my knees, I asked my Heavenly Father to take away the pains and worries...but instead he made me stronger. Now when I face those again, I will know that I can withstand anything with the Lord by my side.


Elder Holland (ok ok ok. He's totally my favorite. My love for him has blossomed since I have been out here.):
"Our pursuit of godliness will be tried again and again. Never lose faith in your father in heaven who loves you’re more than you know. His love is there whether you deserve it or not. It is simply THERE."

In closing of this blog post, I just want to remind you all that God's love is never conditional. Like President Monson said, it is there whether you deserve it or not. He loves you and cares more for you than you will ever know. As you go on this week, try a little harder to feel that love as you serve others. Pray for the opportunity to do missionary work, and spread that message of love to those who don't have it.

LOTS OF LOVE!

Sister Morris

Funny Moment:

At an investigators house while Sister Boman is drugged up:
*Sister Boman's knee buckles*
Sister Boman: "Man down, MAN DOWN!!!"
Sister Morris: "Oh stop being so dramatic. My sympathy for you has lessened as you continue to act like an idiot."
Sister Boman: "I'll just lay here then."

It took us about 10 minutes to stop laughing.



No comments:

Post a Comment