Thursday, September 26, 2013

Got Pork???


Sept 23, 2013

To those left out of the greatest adventure ever....
ALOHAAAA!!!!!! Oh the perks of having a Samoan bishop. :)
Well everyone, after this email y'all are going to be wondering if somehow good ol' Sister Morris who is serving in the depths of the Eastern-South somehow got transferred to Hawaii. DO NOT WORRY. I am still here. BUT, this week we had our Stake Luau and it was AWESOME!!!!! Anyways, I am getting ahead of myself as that was on Saturday....so lets back it on up here.
I hate to start a letter off on a bad note....but I have some bad news....I AM SISTER JOB. I have gotten an illness every stinking week I have got here, and I have about had enough of it. What is it this week you ask? Drum roll please....SALMONELLA!!! It's not a fun one. Trust me. I have had it since Friday night-and they say that it will last till about early next week. And by last I mean the throwing up, fever, diarrhea, and stomach cramping. BUT! Does that stop good ol' Sister Morris!!! NO SIR! Have I stayed in ANY of those days??? NO SIR! Do I plan on coming home? NO SIR! Do I want to?? NO SIR. Does President just laugh at me and call me the 7 illness sister? YES SIR. Does he love me and laugh at me all the time? YES SIR! Did he promise me he wouldn't send me home as long as I wanted to be here because I have shown him what a hard worker I am? YES SIR! Anyway, onto bigger and better stories!
On Wednesday we had our New Missionary Meeting so we had to drive in to Fredrick (about an hour away). We didn't know how long it would take us to get there so we asked the senior couple in our ward. This was NOT a good idea. They informed us that it would take an hour and a half. So, as responsible Sister Missionaries do, we left 2 hours early...and arrived an hour early. SO, as REALLY responsible Sister Missionaries do, we stopped into McDonald's to get some breakfast. As Sister Boman drove around the building she asks, "Do you want to go in or just the drive-thru?" Which I quickly responded with, "We have time, let's just go in." At this point we are driving right up to the speaker and hear the lady say, "Welcome to McDonald's, what can I get ya'll?"
*PAUSE*
Now, any normal person would just stop the car and say, "Sorry we decided to come in, thanks though!" BUT, Sister Boman is not a normal person. Neither am I, hence the reason we are best friends. So, what does she say you ask?
*PLAY*
~Car continues to roll past the window as you see a young, vivacious dark-haired beauty stick her head out of the window comparable to a scene from the T.V. show Psych~
(We have determined we are Shawn and Gus. OF COURSE I AM GUS.)
As we roll past the window Sister Boman yells out, "TRICKED YA!!!!!!"
Yes. We are Sister Missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Pray for us. When we finally stop laughing our guts out, we go dared to go inside and enjoy a delicious meal. The meeting was awesome and I able to see a lot of my MTC district friends that I have seriously missed so much. Especially Sister Chavez who looked adorable as ever.


Then that night we went and saw the B/H family who we just love and adore.

Sister Boman, Me and A, she was baptized the week before I arrived in Hancock.

The rest of the week we really just prepared for our Stake Luau! Now, things here are not like things in Utah. When you do a Stake activity, the whole stake doesn't really help, haha it's mostly just the ward that is put in charge. Now, whose ward do you think that would be? Of course, mine. So the H family (Now keep track here....) Who are the bishop's (Ah-Loe) parents-in-law and who is really President H (1st councilor in the Stake Presidency) were in charge for almost the whole thing. So we got to spend a lot of our week with the family putting together the food. OK. If you would have told me that I would be wrapping a pig in banana leaves, and stuffing it in pillow cases, then putting it in a big pit to cook during my mission, I would have laughed. BUT ALAS I DID! It was awesome. After a hectic night, the food was all prepared and all the meat was in the pit ready to cook and get pulled out the next day.
Well, the next day(the day of the luau) rolled around and as always the H family pulled open the pit and checked the meat....IT DIDN'T COOK. Here we were with over 40 things of pork, and not one of them were cooked. We called every member of the ward and started sticking pigs into ovens spread over 3 states! Luckily, I can say that all piggies were cooked and the meat was delicious. There was lots of fun, dancing, and even a special treat from the Elders (Elder Matthews, Dunn, White, and Senior Couple Elder and Sister Dittman) in our ward who preformed the Hauka!!! It was so awesome!


You guys, it's so stinkin' great out here. Life is great, my companion is great, and the gospel is SO FLIPPING GREAT! Don't ever forget that!
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Sister Morris

Favorite Quote: "If with every action we took we thought: 'Is this going to effect my eternal perspective?' There would be a lot less hurt in our hearts."

Favorite Moment: a little background....Sherry (Scary Sherry, Bianca is toast, Psych fans) is our 2012 red Corolla. Yes, we named our car. You wish you were as cool as us.
*Right after we washed the car*

Sister Boman: "Sherry, you're looking goooooooood."

Sister Morris: "Seriously, Sherry. If I were a boy Corolla I'd go: VROOM-VROOM."







No comments:

Post a Comment